fbpx

AMARONE DELLA VALPOLICELLA DOCG 2015

Known worldwide, Amarone della Valpolicella is the noble wine of Verona.
The clusters dedicated to the production of Amarone must be perfectly intact, with loose grapes, so as to allow the passage of air during the delicate process of drying that takes place on small constantly monitored crates for a period of 100 days for 70% of the grapes and 120 days for the remaining 30%. During this period the grapes – Corvinone, Corvina and Rondinella – dehydrate, thus increasing their sugar content and gaining aromas. After the crushing and fermentation, the aging process continues in French and American oak barriques for about 36 months followed by the assemblage of the different masses.
Amarone has a deep red color, a round and velvety taste, aromas of ripe fruit, wisteria, almond, licorice, tobacco, chocolate and coffee.
It is a perfect match for wild game meat or roasts, but also as a meditation wine.
It is advisable to uncork the bottle at least one hour before use.

BOTTLES PRODUCED: 990

Wine

DENOMINATION: Amarone della Valpolicella
DESIGNATION: Still red wine
APPARTENANCE CLASS: DOCG
PRODUCTION AREA: Mezzane di Sotto, Verona, Veneto
VINTAGE YEAR: 2015
BLEND: 50% Corvinone, 40% Corvina, 10% Rondinella
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 16%
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 5,6 g/l
TOTAL ACIDITY: 5,55 g/l
VOLATILE ACIDITY: 0,48 g/l
PH: 3,5
DRY EXTRACT: 41,90 g/l
SULFUROUS DIOXIDE: 84 mg/l
BOTTLES PRODUCED: 990

Vineyards

VINEYARDS LOCATION: Summit part of the hills of Mezzane di Sotto
AVERAGE ALTITUDE OF VINEYARDS: 400 meters above sea level
SOIL VARIETY: Limestone
YIELD PER HECTARE: 100 quintals of which 40 quintals intended for Amarone
SYSTEM DENSITY: 5000 logs per hectare
TRAINING SYSTEM: Guyot pruning system
HARVEST PERIOD: September

Winery

VINIFICATION TECHNIQUE: Fermentation on the skins of the grapes previously left to dry naturally for 100-120 days
DRYING: Natural, in small crates – 100 days for 70% of grapes with 32% weight loss – 120 days for 30% of grapes with 37% weight loss
FERMENTATION TANKS: Stainless steel
FERMENTATION TEMPERATURE: 27°C | 80.6°F
LENGHT OF FERMENTATION: 20 days
MALOLACTIC FERMENTATION: 100%
REFINING IN WOOD: 1 French oak barrique first pass for Amarone Riserva – 2 French oak barriques first pass + 1 American oak barrique first pass – 36 months of aging
REFINING IN STAINLESS STEEL: 6 months in stainless steel insulated tank
BOTTLING DATE: 27 December 2019

Tasting

AGING CAPABILITY: 20-30 years
BEST TIME FOR TASTING: 2022-2032
SERVING TEMPERATURE: 18°C | 64.4° F
BOTTLE OPENING: 2 hours before tasting
DECANTING: Unnecessary

SOMMELIER’S NOTES
COLOR: Intense ruby red
FLAVOR: Red fruit in alcohol, cherry jam, small forest fruits, floral notes, coffee, chocolate and spices
TASTE: Warm, rightly tannic, full-bodied, very persistent
PAIRINGS: Aged cheeses, game dishes, red meats, pasta with meat sauce. Meditation wine

Awards and reviews

AMARONE DELLA VALPOLICELLA DOCG 2015

Gilbert & Gaillard 95 points

Gilbert & Gaillard Award 95/100 points

AMARONE DELLA VALPOLICELLA DOCG 2010

Premio Gilbert & Gaillard GOLD 90/100

Gilbert & Gaillard Award 90/100 points

ITALIAN WINES IN THE WORLD: AMARONE DELLA VALPOLICELLA DI SCUDERIA ITALIA

Read the article by clicking here

Other vintages

Acquista online sul Gourmet di Scuderia Italia

BUY ONLINE

Amarone della Valpolicella 2015 | Scuderia Italia

Request information about this wine

    First Name*

    Last Name*

    e-mail*

    Country

    Message

    I accept data processing and privacy